Design Philosophy

I am a junior interior design major at Washington State University. I have always been interested in design. I enjoy creating abstract and organized spaces. Figuring out corrections to problems through design is a process I believe is fundamental. When I design I want to meet the needs of a client in a creative way. I like to find multiple solutions to a problem to hear opinions to consider a different approach. I think design should have meaning, and that is what I strive to tell in my designs.

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Bench Design Process Poster


From this project I gained more experience in Photoshop and InDesign. I used Photoshop to create my header and to correct images on the poster. I used skills I gained throughout this year to create my header and correct images. This poster was a great way for me to learn organization of things. People being able to understand what I am saying and not being distracted by unorganized materials was what I was striving for. The texts I chose, I think are a little safe but work well with the over all design layout. Working with negative space could have been achieved differently, but I am pleased with the final product. I also got more experience with writing in design terms with my concept statement located at the top of my poster because I have not had much experience in that department.

No comments:

Post a Comment