Design Philosophy

I am a junior interior design major at Washington State University. I have always been interested in design. I enjoy creating abstract and organized spaces. Figuring out corrections to problems through design is a process I believe is fundamental. When I design I want to meet the needs of a client in a creative way. I like to find multiple solutions to a problem to hear opinions to consider a different approach. I think design should have meaning, and that is what I strive to tell in my designs.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Textile Reflection Essay




The textile process began with an inspiration object that I analyzed for elements and principles. The door hardware that inspired me had balance, emphasis, line, and contrast. Next I created a parti which embodied these elements and principles. To begin the patterned I rotated the module/parti in many directions to form the textile pattern. I scaled the pattern to be smaller and larger than the original for comparison. I chose to print the larger pattern on my fabric for the textile. My textile is a bit more faded than I thought it was going to be, but the pattern printed well. The process of designing a textile is beneficial to a project to be able to understand the textile business. I do not think I will go with the colors I chose for this textile to be used in the overall design of the Depot project, but this color harmony would be beneficial in a different space.

No comments:

Post a Comment