Design Philosophy

I am a junior interior design major at Washington State University. I have always been interested in design. I enjoy creating abstract and organized spaces. Figuring out corrections to problems through design is a process I believe is fundamental. When I design I want to meet the needs of a client in a creative way. I like to find multiple solutions to a problem to hear opinions to consider a different approach. I think design should have meaning, and that is what I strive to tell in my designs.

Friday, March 2, 2012

Adaptive Re-Use Gallery



The information I gathered about this adaptive re-use gallery was relayed to my classmates, to gain more knowledge in adaptive re-use to put toward their train depot design. I chose the Dahmen Barn in UnionTown, Washington. This barn used to be an old dairy farm and was converted into a gallery, artist studios, and a gift shop. I had the chance to see this gallery and I think that it was a great use of the space. The barn is a place for the community to gather for different events that have to do with art. My partners on this project found two other adaptive re-use galleries and I found it interesting to compare what spaces were before they were galleries. Our poster design was cohesive to all of our galleries because our photos were to stand out like art in a gallery on a white back drop. We added gray lines to balance the color of the pictures on the left. We chose contrasting text such as the script and the all capitals title. I think this speaks art because art is never the same, it is always changing and different from the last.

No comments:

Post a Comment