Design Philosophy

I am a junior interior design major at Washington State University. I have always been interested in design. I enjoy creating abstract and organized spaces. Figuring out corrections to problems through design is a process I believe is fundamental. When I design I want to meet the needs of a client in a creative way. I like to find multiple solutions to a problem to hear opinions to consider a different approach. I think design should have meaning, and that is what I strive to tell in my designs.

Monday, March 26, 2012

Artist Client Brief


This is my client brief poster for the 1916-1917 Northern Pacific Depot in Pullman, Washington. The train depot will be an adaptive re-use containing a residence, artist studio, and artist gallery. Samuel Mirkovich is the artist who will be living in the residence with a visually impaired person. He will use the studio space to paint his contemporary impressionist pastel paintings. From this poster I furthered my knowledge of Photoshop through the background image. Research about the client is necessary to the design process because it is a part of the dialogue between the client and designer. For the design process to progress the communication should go back and forth for changes to be made at the appropriate time in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment