Design Philosophy

I am a junior interior design major at Washington State University. I have always been interested in design. I enjoy creating abstract and organized spaces. Figuring out corrections to problems through design is a process I believe is fundamental. When I design I want to meet the needs of a client in a creative way. I like to find multiple solutions to a problem to hear opinions to consider a different approach. I think design should have meaning, and that is what I strive to tell in my designs.

Monday, November 28, 2011

Gregory Kitchen Design





This kitchen poster is not a very final poster, but it is to give me an idea of how I would layout a final poster. That is why pieces are taped on. The kitchen on this poster is for the Gregory family who has a handicapped family member. From the beginning of this design that aspect was kept in mind, to make the kitchen useful for every member. The concept focus' on movement, repetition, and gradation. The "L" shape of the kitchen creates movement in and out of the kitchen. The existing brick shape of the exterior walls was repeated in the kitchen backsplash. Gradation is present in the slanted wall and then in the slanting ceiling height getting taller. I organized my poster boards so that their was a good balance between the larger plans and the smaller elevations by not putting all the large ones at the top or bottom of the poster. For future posters I will make them less draft like and more professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment