Design Philosophy

I am a junior interior design major at Washington State University. I have always been interested in design. I enjoy creating abstract and organized spaces. Figuring out corrections to problems through design is a process I believe is fundamental. When I design I want to meet the needs of a client in a creative way. I like to find multiple solutions to a problem to hear opinions to consider a different approach. I think design should have meaning, and that is what I strive to tell in my designs.

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Job Shadow at Callison

I went on a job shadow with an interior designer in the healthcare department at Callison architecture firm. At the job shadow I was able to see what it is like to work in a studio with a bunch of professionals. I got to see integration of architects and interior designers, which was interesting because the WSU school of design will be collaborating like what happens in a real studio. I got to see lots of materials that were cutting edge, too. Their materials room had many different types of lighting so that materials could be seen in the type of lighting that would be on site. I went to a job site with my designer and it was interesting to see something that she had in floor plans and elevations in person.

Here is a link to the Callison healthcare department website to see some of the projects they have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment