Design Philosophy

I am a junior interior design major at Washington State University. I have always been interested in design. I enjoy creating abstract and organized spaces. Figuring out corrections to problems through design is a process I believe is fundamental. When I design I want to meet the needs of a client in a creative way. I like to find multiple solutions to a problem to hear opinions to consider a different approach. I think design should have meaning, and that is what I strive to tell in my designs.

Monday, April 11, 2011

My Logo Design


I am new to using Adobe Illustrator and this logo was a helpful process of learning how to use the program. I made several logo designs and the one above is one that I perfected. I made it in Illustrator and it took a lot of time to make because I was not familiar with the program. I made this logo again and it was a lot easier to do because I started to understand all the techniques of the Illustrator program. My logo represents me because the first letter of my name is "M", and my last name is Pharmer. I wanted to incorporate the "Ph" sound in my logo instead of using just the letter "P". I also like to design with straight and curved lines; the "M" in the logo is linear and the "Ph" is a circle that signifies curvature.

1 comment: