Design Philosophy

I am a junior interior design major at Washington State University. I have always been interested in design. I enjoy creating abstract and organized spaces. Figuring out corrections to problems through design is a process I believe is fundamental. When I design I want to meet the needs of a client in a creative way. I like to find multiple solutions to a problem to hear opinions to consider a different approach. I think design should have meaning, and that is what I strive to tell in my designs.

Monday, April 29, 2013

Little White Schoolhouse | Valley, WA



This is an adaptive reuse project for the Little White Schoolhouse in Valley, WA. The schoolhouse is proposed to be a heritage museum of Valley's history. For this project I worked with my partner and we strengthened our programing and rendering skills. I enjoyed this project because we worked with RCDI and had input from community members. This project had a stronger meaning than any other project I have designed because the community really wants to design this heritage museum. It's not just a paper assignment. So I feel like my design is going toward bettering a community.

No comments:

Post a Comment