Design Philosophy

I am a junior interior design major at Washington State University. I have always been interested in design. I enjoy creating abstract and organized spaces. Figuring out corrections to problems through design is a process I believe is fundamental. When I design I want to meet the needs of a client in a creative way. I like to find multiple solutions to a problem to hear opinions to consider a different approach. I think design should have meaning, and that is what I strive to tell in my designs.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Wucius Wong Inspired Unit Wall


This is the unit wall I created from one unit form into multiples to construct a wall.I created this idea from reading the Wucius Wong text and gathering information on unit forms. I did not want to have a linear structure of squares so I went with a sphere design. There is a dominant form of the sphere and the sticks are my subordinate structures of the unit form. I learned from this project to use different materials when needed and to explore any ideas that come to mind because you can always work from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment