Design Philosophy

I am a junior interior design major at Washington State University. I have always been interested in design. I enjoy creating abstract and organized spaces. Figuring out corrections to problems through design is a process I believe is fundamental. When I design I want to meet the needs of a client in a creative way. I like to find multiple solutions to a problem to hear opinions to consider a different approach. I think design should have meaning, and that is what I strive to tell in my designs.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Sketch: Chair Views


This is a sketch of the office chair in my dorm room. I drew the chair from perspective, top, underside, side, and front views. I estimated the lengths of the back rest, seat, and the seat to floor. I also labeled the fabric used and the materials the chair was made of, from what I could tell. This sketch helped me see the different views of what I am physically looking at. When I draw a room I tend to draw things not as they are really seen, but how I imagine them. I will draw some from perspective and others from front view when those are not the views I am actually seeing them. This sketch helped me visualize what I am seeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment